Peer Support at PWPS
What is the Peer Support Program? The Peer Support Program provides a fun and engaging environment for young people to address issues such as bullying, relationships, and self-image. Modules are designed to equip young people with skills to deal proactively with life experiences, develop a sense of self-worth and belonging, and to encourage taking responsibility for decisions and actions.
How does the Peer Support Program work?
Trained Peer leaders facilitate activities with small groups of younger students. A teacher supervises each group which includes: 2 Peer leaders and multi age groups of 8-10 younger students.
All participating students benefit from the Peer Support Program by
- identifying and using individual strengths
- Enjoying life by engaging in activities
- Practising positive self-talk
- Developing coping strategies
- Demonstrating perseverance
- Working toward their goals
- Developing resilience
- Demonstrating gratitude for all they have in their lives