Last updated 10:56 AM on 15 September 2011
Parents play an important role in developing their child's reading ability. Here are six great ways to help with this vital skill.
- Together find information and interesting facts about things that intrigue or interest your child in books, magazines or on the internet. Read and talk about what you find out.
- Provide your child with plastic letters, crayons, pencils, chalk, pens and writing paper.
- Make things together and ask your child to read out simple directions (eg recipes while you cook together).
- Suggest that your child writes simple stories on the computer. Re-read and talk about the stories together or send an email response to them.
- Do crosswords and other types of word puzzles or word games together in books, magazines or on screen.
- Read the TV guide together from the paper or onscreen before watching a program
2018 Resource Allocation Model funding
NDIS continues its roll out across NSW
NAPLAN Online School readiness test
Education Week 2017
Penshurst West Public School Fete
Introducing Healthy School Canteens
Our shared responsibility
2017 Resource Allocation Model funding
Kindergarten 2017 Orientation Day